Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News to Report

I guess I'd rather not have to say this, but our potential buyer called today to tell us the deal was off, out of reach for them at this time. So for all you curious folks, I guess we'll just have to let it rest.

Disappointment? Yes, a little, but not surprising. We had begun to sense that this would be too big a stretch for them.

When I first took the call, he asked to speak with Ken. Then when the call was brief and I heard why it was brief, I was just thankful that Ken had been the one to field that call and take the brunt for me, I'm thankful he is my protector.

So, tomorrow we've been listed two weeks and no one has come by to see the place.

Ken told me that just yesterday he'd heard of some folks northwest of here just a few miles had sold within a week for considerably more that they thought they would list for, but their realtor suggested the higher listing price. That's encouraging to hear of such a quick sale & their sale price affirming our listing price is assuring as well.

Above & beyond all those details is the assurance I've/we've felt all along that God is leading us in this venture. The peace beyond all understanding. The circumstances that have not happened by chance, but by God's design. It is good to have Ken's folks here affirming verbally to us that all these little (& big) details could not "just happen". God's peace fills my heart when I'm tempted to doubt. Yet, with only 2 weeks remaining until the deadline, the doubts do come ... regularly...

The final and most poignant encouragement for me today came through God's Word during our daily evening devotions as we read from Isaiah 26. Verse 3 says "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee."

I know that verse in song, do you?

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, O Lord!
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee,
Because he trusteth in Thee, O Lord, because he trusteth in Thee.
Thou will keep him in perfect peace because he trusteth in Thee.


I sang it for the family when it came my turn to suggest a special verse from the passage we read together.

Please pray for us that we will continue to put our trust in God. Each day is a further stretch of our faith. We want to be found faithful.


An email from the MB seller today made us realize that our stretching faith is also impacting him ...

No comments: