Thursday, January 21, 2010

Helping Haiti

Just another reminder, for us ... and for you.


Just because the pain in Haiti is not over, in fact as these early days progress there is likely new difficulties they face each day.

So, we continue to pray for Haiti -- as individuals, and as a family. Prayer is so powerful. I've been reminded again that it is something that I can do as I continue to minister to the daily and immediate needs of my own family. Wherever I am, whatever I'm doing ... as the Spirit brings someone, something or a national disaster like Haiti to my mind ... I can take that moment to pray!


Financial Gifts:

Our local church set up a fund through which we could give a financial gift of love to our brothers and sisters in Haiti through MCC. The goal of MCC or Mennonite Central Committee is "Relief, development and peace in the name of Christ".

There are many other relief organizations giving to the need in Haiti. Many are listed here by fellow bloggers.

No comments: