Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Energizing Shake

Here's a great shake that pleasantly offers a lot of nutritional benefits:



Energizing Shake
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
1 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules, optional
2 heaping Tbsp. hemp hearts
14-16 ice cubes

Blend until smooth. Serve & enjoy!


The molasses could also be considered optional though it does add minerals & iron into your diet. I've found that this shake gives me a significant increase in energy - a good thing for the last trimester of my pregnancy, to be sure!

Edit note:
Now I can testify as a nursing mother, this shake continues to give me boundless energy ... Baby Faith and I both get grouchy if I run out of hemp hearts.

Here is another version of my morning shake:

1 cup milk
1 Tsp. blackstrap molasses
2 tsp. honey
10 drops liquid stevia
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. instant coffee granules, optional
4 heaping Tbsp. hemp hearts
1 1/2 tsp. dutch cocoa
14-16 ice cubes

I'm enjoying the different flavors & the knowledge that I can put so many healthing ingredients into my diet so pleasantly and easily.

No comments: