Monday, December 14, 2009

Sprucing Up

Pinecones abound at Spruce Woods.

I enjoy using pinecones to "spruce up" my home ... and I use the greens also.

I've seen bags of pinecones and bunches of greens offered for sale at almost every supermarket so I figure I'm not the only one who likes to use pinecones to
"spruce up" my home for the CHRISTmas season.

Filling a special basket with cones and adding a bow is simple enough.


A nice way to add a festive look to my home with a basket that was gifted to our family filled with fresh flowers when my younger sister went to Glory just over a year ago. It reminds me of her simple, beautiful life.

This year we shared our pinecones with our CSA garden members. They each got a mesh bag filled with pinecones with their last garden basket of the 2009 season. It was for the express purpose of decoration and creative uses ... of course they also make nice starters for cozy fires in winter or backyard firesides in summer. One member sent me a picture of her little boy enjoying his craft - see it on my Facebook profile.

Really the ideas for using pinecones are endless ...

Years ago I made pinecone wreaths and kept this one for myself.


I never tire of it. Someday I just may make more of these again, now that we have a fresh yearly supply of pinecones on our own yard.

No comments: