Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Battle's Over

Pressure from MB, sellers wanting to KNOW. NOW. Asking us to get bridge financing in place ... etc.

Suffice to say, the battle intensified. The conflict returned. Not a good place to be. Each of us struggling with our own faith, conflicting emotions etc. Then at odds with each other...it has not been easy. Spiritual conflict.

Finally, each of us came into peace. The battle is over.

We've given the MB place back to God.


If He gives it back to us, it is ours... If not? It never was.



And we're at peace, in agreement. It's all is God's hands again.

When/Why did we take it back? We had placed it there once already when we signed the 48 hour clause which allowed us to come up with the money within 48 hours if they got another offer from someone else.


We had decide almost two weeks ago already that the interim/bridge financing was not for us. Now, one deciding factor was the realization that we'd be in the same fix(stressful situation) that the MB seller finds himself in right now. We'd be between a rock and a hard place - don't want to go there!

We would have bridge financing and own the two farms at once - one with cattle(MB), the other with chickens(SK) ... except we would also be putting our children and business at risk. We'd be spreading ourselves too thin; likely separated geographically, putting in unnecessary time & money trying to make this work - with human reasoning ... Where is the wisdom in that?

No, God would have us be at peace. Content & trusting in Him.

If He wants us in MB, we'll get there - in His time. If not, He has something better for us or He is protecting us from something unknown to us ... we stand on the FACT that we CAN trust God to know BEST - and that He wants the BEST for us.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil for Thou art with me;

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

AMEN




AND ... May 15, 2008 is not yet over ... remember in Isaiah 37 the Israelites awoke early expecting to fight a battle that God had won for them in the night. While they rested, God worked His miracle.

No comments: