Friday, May 9, 2008

Cry of My Heart

This morning, on my prayer walk, I was cold and tempted to be discouraged about the idea of selling. I prayed, asking God to bring encouragement soon in the day - well I didn't really put it into those words, but that was the cry of my heart ...

And God heard!

I am reminded of these verses in Romans 8:

"26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to His purpose."


The walk was invigorating, cold as it was. Soon, after starting the work of my day, I received a welcome phone call from a friend, encouraging as always. She stated emphatically that she too firmly believes that God has that MB place in His plan for us. Basing her convictions on the many miracles that God has already wrought throughout our Journey to the Future.

She called it a faith-builder! How appropriate!

Later, our family discussed her encouragement around the lunch table, my heart was truly blessed as we discussed the the fact that God is testing our faith - like He did with Abraham when He asked Abraham to put his son Issac on the altar. God stopped Abraham at the last possible moment, providing a substitute sacrifice with which Abraham could worship his Lord.

Abraham was found faithful to the last. Will we? Will you be found faithful in your journey?


So, at lunch, after sharing with my family the encouraging conviction that my friend had shared with me, I suggested that this may well be the encouragement for today.

Then just after lunch as I read emails, I was encouraged again - by another friend who shared another Scripture verse with me that had reminded her of us:

Ephesians 1:13-14 NKJV:
"After you believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession."


"Purchased possession", caught her eye, she said. Following that with an admonishment to "Keep on trusting!"


God knew my need for a good supply of encouragement this morning. By 1:00 PM, He had already sent His encouragement through two of His servants. Not only once, but twice and early in the day as opposed to later (like during evening devotions like has happened more than once also). He knew my weakness needed bolstering. He heard the cry of my heart and was already working in the hearts and minds of friends who would later be found faithful to communicate their thoughts to me.

Thanks friends! God Bless YOU!


Do you always put encouragement into words? I know I haven't always. How many times do we fail to communicate the encouragement God gives us to those around us? May I encourage us to be sensitive to the Spirit, that we can be used of God to strengthen the saints.

No comments: